Saturday, April 25, 2009

"Reported Attack Site" displayed by Firefox as reported by Google

As one ‘developer’ of a site that has been labeled by Firefox’s latest rigid updated version of 3, I think this is unfair as this is commonly of no fault of the site developer/webhost.

We have all been great fans of Firefox for many years now, but I’m very disappointed with their automatic display of this warning. It just scares people off (useful) websites unnecessarily that have potentially become infected through no fault of their own.

Other browsers don’t show this degree of ’sensitivity’ (nor, insensitivity!!!) that this latest FF 3 update does; it simply is too much caution!

I don't know, but personally I think leave the security issues with the host, leave out the inconvenience from the users. We urge FF to disable this damaging and reckless feature; or provide other inconspicuous display of warning.

To manually disable this:


Go to Tools > Options > uncheck "Tell me if the site I'm visiting is a suspected attack site"

Suspected attack site??? Come on! I rest my case...

No comments:

This blog has been archived and is not maintained any longer. For similar useful posts, please visit www.jeromeesperanza.com

Search

Google